Monday, February 4, 2013

Losing Weight - Check in #1

So last Wednesday, I put on my white camo pants and they were not only tight in the thigh, but I had a hard time buttoning them. Needless to say, I had a bit of a freakout.

These pants have been snug from time to time, but I've never had a hard time zipping them up. I remember very clearly in grad school, Amy, one of my classmates noticing that I'd lost weight. I was wearing my white camos and she pointed out how loose they were on me. I really didn't know since I don't weight myself regularly. However I was showing my bare ass in my thesis performance and wearing a unitard in John Jasperse concert, so I was going to the gym at least 4 times a week. I was also very active. Walking and biking most places, and rarely driving my car.

Before I left CA last year, I sold my car. And now in NY I walk a ton. However, it's not really exercise. Therefore I decided yesterday that I need to change some of my habits. I am not a big fan of the term 'diet' when referring to losing weight, but I will be eating smarter and exercising in some way EVERY day.

Each Monday I will post my food and exercise journal for the previous week, with a photo of me in my white camo pants.

Off we go!

Thursday 1/31
Breakfast: half English muffin, 1 egg white, 1 tsp. black bean spread, 1 cup fruit, black tea w/ a drop of soy milk
Lunch: bowtie pasta w/ chunky tomato sauce with pesto tofu all atop romaine, carrots & cauliflower. No extra dressing.
Dinner: Broiled salmon with roasted parsnips, brussels sprouts & greens
Extras: 1 glass red wine with clients
Water: 16 oz.
Exercise: brisk walk in the windy cold - ~1.5 miles

Friday 2/1
Breakfast: two small corn tortillas, 2 egg whites, 1 T black bean spread, 1 cup fruit, black tea w/ soy milk
Lunch: Open faced roasted veggie sandwich, apple
Dinner: Broiled black sea bass, roasted carrots & greens, small veal cheek agnolotti, arugula salad with vinaigrette, 2 pieces beef dim sum, 1 piece veggie summer roll, small beef tartar crostini
Water: 30 oz.
Exercise: brisk walk in the cold - ~ 1 mile

Saturday 2/2
Breakfast: Steelcut oats with nonfat plain yogurt and a 2 tsp of maple syrup, coffee with soy milk
Lunch: Broiled salmon with roasted parsnips, brussels sprouts & greens
Dinner: Root veggie wellington, 4 large shrimp with pasta
Water: 24 oz. water, 1 glass Prosecco
Exercise: 1 hour yoga, 1/2 mile walk in the snow

Sunday 2/3
Breakfast: Steelcut oats with nonfat plain yogurt and a 2 tsp of maple syrup
Lunch: bowtie pasta w/ chunky tomato sauce with pesto tofu all atop romaine. No extra dressing.
Dinner: 3 small carrots with black bean spread, apple, cup of homemade beef & barley soup
Water: 16 oz
Exercise: stretch, 10 full push ups, 25 full sit ups

No comments:

Post a Comment