Monday, March 4, 2013

Losing Weight Check-in #5

Well, I can finally feel a difference with my daily exercise. My body is certainly stronger and I can endure more. The yoga classes I've taken tend to work heavily on the quads, but I also notice that I am weaker than I'd like in the shoulders. I did lose another pound which certainly got me excited. There were also two people who noticed that I looked like I lost weight. Water intake was a challenge again.

Now that the plastic challenge is officially over it will be easier buying fish and some veggies. I also bought a new water bottle, so it will be easier to drink all day. I will also be working more this coming week, so less laying around, and less nibbling.

Monday
Breakfast: 2 egg whites with 1/2 english muffin, 1 tsp orange marmalade, coffee with skim milk
Lunch: 3 chicken skewers with peanut sauce, salad with grated beets and balsamic vinegar
Dinner: Clif Bar, banana, cup of butternut squash soup with 2 T of chicken pot pie filling, chunk of cheese with 1 water cracker, glass of white wine
Water: 30 oz.
Exercise: Yoga for Jocks (90 min)

Tuesday
Breakfast: 2 egg whites, meatloaf scraps, tomato/eggplant sauce, masala tea with milk
Lunch: big salad with 3 chicken skewers, peanut sauce and balsamic vinegar
Dinner: beef tenderloin, chive spatzle, mushroom & chard
Snack: banana with 1 T peanut butter, an orange
Water: 25 oz.
Exercise: catering work, a little walking, 1:52 plank, stretching - my quads and sides of my torso are sore from yoga

Wednesday
Breakfast: 2 egg whites, 1 oz of cheddar, 1 small whole grain roll
Lunch: Big salad with chive spatzle and a chicken leg
Dinner: Spanokopita, small coffee with milk, 1/2 apple
Water: 25 oz.
Exercise: 30 full sit ups, 13 full push ups - my psoas are tight, I assume from yoga

Thursday
Breakfast: handful of curried cashews, coffee with skim milk
Lunch: Big salad with chive spatzle and a chicken leg
Snack: half piece coconut cake 
Dinner: Arugula and radishes with 3/4 cup of chicken pot pie filling
Water: 45 oz.
Exercise: Basic yoga class (75 min) ~ 1.5 mi. walk

Friday
Breakfast: Oatmeal with 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 1 T maple syrup, coffee with skim
Lunch: chicken soup with noodles and a broccoli & cheese pupusa & slaw
Dinner: arugula salad with chive spatzle
Water: 20 oz.
Exercise: David Barton awesome yoga class (75 min)

Saturday
Breakfast: small roll with 2 egg whites, tomato/eggplant sauce & cheddar cheese, coffee with skim
Lunch: half sweet potato, sauteed peppers & eggplant, dorset cheese, arugula and beet salad
Snack: Chicken empanada
Dinner: Shrimp & mixed veggies, white rice, 1/4 c hot & sour soup
Water: 20 oz.
Exercise: ~ 1 mi. brisk walk

Sunday
Breakfast: oatmeal with 1/2 banana, skim milk & maple syrup
Lunch: 2.5 empanada (beef, onion/cheese, chicken curry, spinach/cheese, tuna & tomato)
Dinner: Shrimp & mixed veggies, white rice
Water: 30 oz.
Exercise: Advanced yoga class (60 min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment